Survey on municipal organization
Survey on municipal organization was conducted by the Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research (NIBR) on behalf of the Ministry of Local Goverment and Regional Development (KRD). The aim of study was to collect data to KRDs organization database. This database provides data on various aspects of municipal organization in most municipalities and counties in Norway. The purpose of the database is to provide a tool that makes it possible for municipalities, counties, state governments, researchers and others interested in municipal organization, to obtain an overview of important organizational feature of the municipalities and county municipalities, either together or separately.
Data is available without charge for research purposes
All datasets can be converted to SPSS, Stata or SAS. Please contact us for other formats.
How to apply for data?
The applicant must fill out and submit our order form in order to apply for data (please remember to provide the complete name of the survey you want to order). Once the application has been processed the applicant will receive a confidentiality agreement to be signed and returned in order to gain access to datasets. Student applicants will also receive a supervisor’s declaration that must be signed by their supervisor.
- The data may only be used for the project described in the application. If the applicant wishes to use the data for other purposes, one must reapply for access
- Access to the datasets is restricted to the applicants only. All project collaborators with direct access to the datasets must sign a confidentiality agreement to use the data
- Applicants are obliged to refer to the producer and distributor of the datasets
- Applicants are required to submit an electronic copy (PDF) of any publications that has been based on the datasets. The publications will be referred to on our website
- All data must be deleted or returned to NSD within two years after the delivery date. In order to extend access the applicant must reapply